Thursday, April 4, 2013

"Pieces of me" Sketches 2013 self portraits

If only we had maps to help us find our way through our thoughts, emotions, growths. I feel as if sometimes I know where I am then suddenly I get lost.  With a little panic "I need help!" I yell inside.  Of course, if I sit still and breathe then listen, I get hints as to where I am and I can continue on my path.  I always address my higher good, but somedays I have to do this about 3 times or more and I am starting to feel a little depressed about this.
This series is about my evolvement I suppose.  It is not 100% revealed to me yet, but I think that is the direction it is going... It is basically a self portrait series using grids and repetitive patterns with pieces of myself on there(the grid). It is helping me cope with myself. You know the saying " where ever you go, there you are",  something like that... since I got to Spain nothing remarkable has happened within me, I am still me, figuring me out, discovering myself more and more but I am still me as I was in Miami...figuring out my process. Actually, a bit more frustrated with myself for not creating something BIG...i am feeling a little lost.
I know, I know, I have to work, work is the only solution...I do continue my practice and have come up with these...it is the beginning of something new for me...I hope you enjoy a little piece of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment