Wednesday, August 15, 2012

ideas

My ideas flowing constantly. This Summer 2012 has been dedicated to evolving, my process, my progress with no attention to producing. What I have learned is due to an internship I took at Arevalo Gallery in the Design District. This gallery's main focus is Latin American Geometric Abstraction.  Abstract art is my least interest since I started school, however, I knew because of this lack of interest I needed to immerse my self  in it, to be able to understand a little more about it. In this case, I have learned a little of the Latin American movements in modern art regarding abstraction. I learned about grupo MADI, formed in Argentina in the mid 1940's  by a group of artists coming from Concretismo, Constructivismo Universal , Arte Concreto, etc... Within these artists were  Carmelo Arden Quin, Rhod Rothfus, Tomas Maldonado, Gyula Kosice, among others.
 I am learning little by little what  these artists have contributed and  as innovators, what they have influenced and so on.

As for my art, it is usually mildly, abstracted figures, mostly consisting of organic shapes, and earthy tones. It is interesting that I am starting to see and like geometric shapes and it is starting to influence my work. Along, with the idea of negative space in still life's have become something that my eye keeps focusing on, which is considered the abstract area of a setting...I see my work evolving. I also am interested in specific palettes of chromatic greys/ muted colors, with very minimal light sources still using representational subjects but focusing on the non representational within my set.
I just needed to write some ideas down and post on the blog. I don't even know if I made any sense. I do this for me to learn , to keep motivated , to understand, to keep focus, to document my thoughts.

More to come! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment